Travel Insurance For Groups
Taking out group travel insurance is common sense. The international business of group travel means more travel and unfortunately, more that can go wrong: Lost luggage, cancelled flights, injury, theft and even kidnap can cause your group inconvenience and grief.
Getting the right group insurance cover in place from the start is crucial – finding an insurance broker that understands your group needs is a good place to start.
As a guideline your broker should be looking for a group insurance policy that has:
- A broad definition of “group travel” – one that covers business and leisure groups.
- Immediate emergency expenses for any member of your group
- Broad cancellation and curtailment cover
- Hijack and kidnap cover with expert advisers
- Replacement personnel – provisions for a replacement colleague or group leader if needed.
- A broad 24 hour helpline that includes medical and other emergencies that may arise – no “I’ll arrange for someone to call you back”.
It’s also worth noting that a group travel insurance package may cover members of your group for individual trips too – a bonus for all the members of your group.
5 years ago / No Comments